Microsoft is back with another Windows 11 update and this time, Microsoft didn’t make big changes. Still, if you’re using the developer channel or Beta channel then make sure you update to the latest version for a smooth experience.
Today let’s see, the Windows 11 Build 22000.168 and find out what Microsft has to offer with the new Insider Preview.
IMPORTANT REMINDER FOR WINDOWS 11 DEVELOPER CHANNELS: If you are in the Dev Channel, now would be the right time to consider switching to the Beta Channel if you want to stay on more stabilized builds of Windows 11.
Now, Microsoft Team supports multiple languages. From now, you will be able to chat in either OS language or you can choose any other language.
Chat with Microsoft Teams will support the following languages:
Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (UK), English US, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Norwegian (Nynorsk), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian Latin, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Valencian, Vietnamese, and Welsh.
New Microsoft 365 Widget
I don’t know, how many people are using the Widget area because as of now, the Widget area doesn’t have support for third-party apps. So yes, it would be great, if we get third party apps support.
Meanwhile, the new Microsoft 365 Widget brings relevant documents, news and meeting recordings (with more to come!) to enterprise users.
To check it out just open widgets and click the “Add Widgets” button and select the Microsoft 365 Widget.
Microsoft Store Changes
If you’re wondering, no still, we didn’t get the Android apps support. It looks like, Microsoft will add the Android app with stable Windows 11.
- A complete visual overhaul of the Library UI, with simpler navigation and better performance to boot.
- Updated Spotlight design for promoted products in the Microsoft Store app. Hover over an option to get a sneak peak of what’s inside.
Keep in mind, new Microsoft Store update is only available for Dev Channel, Beta Channel will get this new update if Microsoft didn’t find any issues.
- We’ve addressed an underlying issue in the last couple flights for pen enabled devices that was resulting in Search getting into a state where it wasn’t possible to launch apps from the results.
- We fixed an issue where typing certain phrases into the search box in Settings were crashing Settings sometimes.
- When using the Family widget, you should no longer unexpectedly see a message saying ‘connect a device to see screen time activity’ despite there being available activity to display.
- Chat from Microsoft Teams:
- We fixed the issue where sometimes videos would freeze or display a black image during video calls.
- We also fixed the issue where if you switched between calls, the previous call is not automatically put on hold, so audio and video streams continue with both calls.
- [REMINDER] When upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10 or when installing an update to Windows 11, some features may be deprecated or removed. See details here.
- We’re investigating an issue where on some devices, when going to Settings > Windows Update > Windows Insider Program, only the “Stop getting preview builds” option is visible. This prevents Insiders from selecting a channel. We have posted a workaround on Answers.
- [BETA CHANNEL] We’re investigating reports from Insiders in the Beta Channel where after upgrading to Windows 11, they are not seeing the new Taskbar and the Start menu doesn’t work. To workaround this if you are impacted, please try going to Windows Update > Update history, uninstalling the latest cumulative update for Windows, and the reinstall it by checking for updates.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue that is causing some Surface Pro X devices to bug check with a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
- In some cases, you might be unable to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar. If you experience the issue, press WIN + R on the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box, then close it.
- System and Windows Terminal is missing when right-clicking on the Start button (WIN + X).
- The Taskbar will sometimes flicker when switching input methods.
- After clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open. If this occurs, restart the “Windows Explorer” process, and open the search panel again.
- Search panel might appear as black and not display any content below the search box.
- We’re investigating reports from Insiders with paired Bluetooth LE devices that are experiencing an increase in Bluetooth reliability issues and bugchecks after resume from hibernate or when Bluetooth is turned off.
- The widgets board may appear empty. To work around the issue, you can sign out and then sign back in again.
- Widgets may be displayed in the wrong size on external monitors. If you encounter this, you can launch the widgets via touch or WIN + W shortcut on your actual PC display first and then launch on your secondary monitors.
- We are working to improve search relevance in the Store including resolving an issue where in some cases the ordering of search results is inaccurate.
- The install button might not be functional yet in some limited scenarios.
- Rating and reviews are not available for some apps.
- Chat from Microsoft Teams
- Arabic and Hebrew languages currently does not allow changing Teams Settings. To change Settings in Teams, please sign out and switch to another language.
- When you make an outgoing call, while you do not hear a ring tone, the user interface shows that the call is getting connected.
How to Update Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.168
- Click on Start Button
- Go to the Setting
- Now, click on Windows Update
- Tap on Check For Update
- That’s it, now click on the Install button.
Keep in mind, to get Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.168, first you have to sign in to the Windows developer Channel.
Likewise, for the latest updates on Windows 11, do follow the Microsoft Windows blog.