This was a long overdue feature but now, finally, we have it. So if you’re using any notepad application to save documents or texts then you can now, uninstall that app and start using WhatsApp for it but how? let me show you…
How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp
I also, dig deeper and found out that there are 2 ways to Message Yourself on WhatsApp but first, let’s see the easy method…
Message Yourself Feature
Recently Whatsapp started rolling out the “Message Yourself” feature to limited users, so update the WhatsApp app on your smartphone, if you don’t see this feature yet. Now, let’s see how you can massage yourself without adding your phone number.
1. Open Whatsapp on Your Smartphone and Click on the NEW CHAT button.
2. After you will see your Phone Number on the first row with the “Message Yourself” label, so click on it.
3. That’s it, now, you can send images, text messages, or even videos to yourself.
4. The only thing left is, take a backup of your WhatsApp data otherwise, you will lose all the images or messages when you uninstall the WhatsApp App from your smartphone.
Pro Tip: Save your phone number in your smartphone, this way, it will be easy to forward messages or images, directly.
WhatsApp Group to Message Yourself
You will be like, I want to message myself and not all the Group Members. So to make things easy, let me show you how you can Message Yourself with the help of the WhatsApp Group Feature.
1. After opening WhatsApp on your smartphone, click on the NEW CHAT button.
2. Now, select the “NEW GROUP” option.
3. Here, add any of your friends, type the name of your group, and tap on the CHECKMARK button.
4. After creating the group, tap on the group name and scroll down to the bottom.
5. Now, the friend you added to your group, remove him by long pressing on his name and select the “REMOVE” option.
6. That’s it, now, you’re the only one who is in the group, so you can use the group you created for anything you want, send messages, images, or even Videos.
WhatsApp Message Yourself FAQs
Can I use the Message Yourself Feature on MAC AND WINDOWS?
Yes, you can use the Message Yourself Feature on any platform, it will work the same on all devices.
Is there any other way to send a message to Yourself than the “Message Yourself Feature”?
Yes, you can also create a solo WhatsApp Group or use https://wa.me/phone-number URL to send messages to yourself (remove the phone-number and add your phone number ).
Why I don’t see the Message Yourself Feature on my WhatsApp Number?
The Message Yourself Feature is still rolling out, so wait for some time, you will get this feature soon. (Also, update WhatsApp to the latest version).
Is the Message Yourself Feature secured?
Yes, it’s end-to-end encrypted which means, no one whether it’s Government or even WhatsApp will be able to see your messages, images, videos, or even Documents.
That was it, now use this feature to save whatever you want. You can save everything from videos to documents, just like how Telegram lets you send messages to yourself but WhatsApp is using end-to-end encryption.
Whatsapp has also added a NEW AVATAR feature that works and looks the same as Apple.
By the way, we also have a WhatsApp Channel, so feel free to join the channel. And yes, it’s FREE…